Sunday, September 16, 2012

Temperature relation to vegetables' growth

September 13th, 2012. In my assigned vegetables crop, I noticed how my broccoli and carrots plants have not shown a very healthy growth. They barely came out of the soil after I planted them a week and a half ago. The temperatures during the beginning of september up to this day (september 16th) have been high temperatures, which proves to us that broccoli and carrots belong to cool season crops. On the other hand, my tomato, squash, and bean plants have been growing properly during the high temperatures of this month because they are warm crops. Warm season: thrive in warm weather and are adapted to mean monthly temp. of 18-30 C (65-86 F). The mean temperatures during these days have been around 80 F.

No comments:

Post a Comment